You see the Slenderman...

Talk about aspects of the Slenderman mythos here

Re: You see the Slenderman...

Postby X RodgiE X » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:31 am

REMINDER: You have one FULL day left to vote, if you haven't voted yet, but would like too, I highly recommend you do so today.

Remember, you still have till 12 midday GMT time tomorrow to vote. Any votes made after that time will not be counted.
Rule #1 of horror games - *NEVER* look behind you!
X RodgiE X

Location: In a snowy wooded area with lots of giant presents...

Postby X RodgiE X » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Hey there everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I thought it was best to let this thread take it's own course for a while.

Anyway, I know this is a week late but we have a winner, if you don't know, option 2 was the winner in the poll! I would just like to take this opportunity to give a BIG thank you to everyone who voted! You showed great passion for the story I had come up with and I had big fun writing it.

For those of you wondering, I have just finished writing the ending to the story and I believe you will find it quite disturbing. It is also SUPER long so get ready for a good old long read!

If this story gets popular I may do a 2nd version of the story, I don't know. This story was designed to be a little fun as I was bored at the time. lol.

Again, a BIG thank you to everyone who voted. The ending will be posted up on the 31st January 2013 at around 4:30pm GMT time :)

-R
X RodgiE X

Postby X RodgiE X » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:11 pm

You wake up in a strange part of the woods located close by to the town in which you live in. You have heard stories about these woods from the older residents and you know there is an exit somewhere, but no one told you exactly where.

All of a sudden, you start to grow colder, like something or someone is watching you. But these woods have been closed off for atleast 15 years. You can't remember anything except for the fact that there was a murder which took place in these woods 15 years ago. Your phone is not working and you are starting to get worried. Could the murderer still be in the woods watching you?

You see something in the back ground! By this point, you are fearing for your life! You start to run when you accidentally collide with a tree with blood smeared all across the tree. Luckily, you manage to find a flashlight at the base of the tree but it has low power, but soon after, you wish you didn't for hanging off one of the branches, is the victim of the murder which took place in those woods 15 years ago! All of a sudden, you hear a large 'thumping' sound coming close towards you! You try to get up but you can't, your frozen still by all that you have witnessed. Then, from out the darkness, you see it. The creature from your nightmares. You know the end is near when suddenly...

you hold your flashlight steady, ready for the attack. Who would dare to make the first move you, or that abomination standing in front of you.

You dare not look at it because it seemed to be messing with your mind. The more you look, the more it burns your mind from the inside out. Suddenly, the thing disappears! Where could it have gone too? is it gone? did it take pity on you and flea? Far from it...

You begin walking again when suddenly, you see that thing again! This time more aggressive than the last time. You decide you have had enough and strike forth so fast and hard it seems to have the furry of a god! but too late, the thing disappears again!

This is it, you fear the worst has come, that your time is at its end, but you were sorely mistaken for you see an exit from this nightmare, you run and you run with all your stamina but this time it is the end, for that monster's tentacle grabs you by the foot, making you fall and trip! You grab onto some roots but to no luck, that nightmares strength is greater than yours! This is the end. You try everything you can to escape it's wrath when suddenly...

You black out.

But then you awake to find yourself, laid down a couple of inches from the exit. You try to crawl but it's no use, that monster, that thing has drained you of your last stamina. But that isn't the worst part, for you have awoken in a pool of blood. Worst still - your blood. Once again, you try to crawl to the exit but you know it's no use. Even if you did make it, you know that thing is still in those woods somewhere, watching, waiting, lurking. You look around and use your last breath to shout for help - no good. You know that this is truly the end. But something catches your eye in the distance. Has it come back to finish you off? No. But on a tree, in the very distance, you see the words, the words that remind you of what has been stalking you all this time, what has been the antagonist of this whole horrid nightmare. The words of utter evil...

SLENDERMAN (X)

No use trying to reach the exit now, the Slenderman has won, and you are his newest victim, just like those murder victims. You will soon join them. You lay there, waiting for whatever Slenderman has in store for you. But out of the blue, you begin chanting something so deeply disturbing, it shakes the very core of your being...

"Oh, should I travel through the woods
Or should I not wishing I would
For above me lurks within the trees
No one could hear my deathly screams
The palest man, the blackest suit
Bigger than the tallest brute
Six black arms will grab you up
Or, stalk you till you just give up
A top hat bares upon his head
Makes your soul fill up with dread
He takes you when you least expect
Boil you up, and eat your neck
He’ll leave your body not to eat
But staple your corpse on a tree
Fear the man, the slender man
For he can do, what no one can"
X RodgiE X

Postby X RodgiE X » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:24 am

The moment you have all been waiting for is here! the story above this post has been updated to include the ending you guys voted for which is option 2: Hit the Slenderman over the head with a Flashlight!

Again, A big thank you to everyone who voted! If you did not vote, don't worry! You can still have your say by posting something like:

'I would of liked to see option [1/2] because...'

If you do post something similar to the above message, please note that this will not be counted to the score on the first post and will not influence the ending of the story.

Also, one quick last note. If you guys have any constructive feedback/criticism, please let me know! I love to write stories in my spare time as a hobby and any constructive feedback/criticism I receive helps me out a lot!

Thank you guys once again and I hope you enjoy the story!

-R

Note: The ending to the above story starts on the 4th Paragraph, the paragraph starting with 'you hold your flashlight steady, ready for the attack.'
X RodgiE X

Postby ScaredSmiley » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:16 pm

Nice :)
You even made the most stupid thing you could have done when meeting Slender Man look reasonable :lol:
Rest in peace best forum ever.

my soundcloud if someone still cares x'D
ScaredSmiley

Postby Anateus » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:00 am

TehfuALz wrote:Slenderman can't be destroyed even by ramming a car into him. Fuck option 2, RUN LIKE MUDDAFUKA

Agreed that, atleast you had a chance if you ran. Not saying that I didn't like the story.

ScaredSmiley wrote:Nice :)
You even made the most stupid thing you could have done when meeting Slender Man look reasonable :lol:

The story was quite realistic, even with Option 2. And I loved the poem at the end.

Thy next foe is...
In the seaside cave...
It moves slowly...
Raise thy courage to defeat it.
Anateus

Postby LadyPakenham » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:35 pm

In my opinion, everyone knows what happens when you run. In addition (and this could even be seen as a theory for the origin of Slenderman), this being thrives on fear and intimidation. Like most human attackers, he always wins by terrifying his prey into submission. As long as we're afraid, he knows he has the upper hand. However, think about this in a real-life situation with a bully, mugger, murderer, rapist, etc...these attackers usually do not expect their victims to fight back, and when said victims do strike at them, it's not uncommon for them to abandon the attack. That's why in self-defense classes the first thing you are taught is to not fear your attacker, but become the attacker yourself.

Granted, this is in real-life situations with a human aggressor. But wouldn't it be interesting if Slenderman was just some paranormal representation of every bully in this world, be it a mugger, murderer, or rapist? Perhaps he is the symbol of our fear of real-life monsters, and if we stand up to that fear and show him that we're not afraid to go down fighting, that might, in effect, weaken him as a being. He doesn't have the fear he needs to survive, and in standing up to him you might starve him into desperation, motivating him to abandon his pursuit of you if he can.

Of course, I greatly enjoyed this story. And it would be interesting to see how Option 1 would have turned out as well. But this was the philosophy on which I based my vote. :)
For more Lokis, Bendytoots Crankydimples and Alex Krillie fanart, please visit my tumblr: http://arbelathewhitehat.tumblr.com/
LadyPakenham

Previous

Return to Slenderman Mythos