Why i can't launch it?

Found a bug? Can't start a certain map? Report it here (This section is for the maps that are NOT on the unity engine)

Why i can't launch it?

Postby lamboX5 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:29 pm

hello, i have a problem about some slender games.

When i launch the game, all is correct, the packaging starts and i click on launch, the game starts with the loading window... But when the loading is finished...
The game stopped to run and bug... I can't play.

If you have something to say. It could help me.

Thank you for answers.
LamboX5
French Channel Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LamboX5?feature=g-crec
Slender, SCP and FPS
lamboX5

Re: Why i can't launch it?

Postby Cobalt50X » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm having similar problems with some maps when they finish loading. Sanatorium and 7th Street say FPSC game has stopped working, and Mansion and Prison give me Runtime Error 506.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Cobalt50X.
Cobalt50X

Postby Cobalt50X » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:53 am

I have a solution I found that worked for all my problem maps. Follow these instructions:
1) Left click once then right click on the game and go to properties.
2) Click on compatiblility, click the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and from the options in the scroll box choose Windows 2000.
3) On the section that says Privilege Level, click the box that says "Run this program as administrator".
4) Hit apply, then ok.
5) Now right click on the game and click "Run as administrator", then launch the game.

Hope this works for you.
Cobalt50X

Postby lamboX5 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:13 pm

wow, thank you a lot, it helped us and it worked
French Channel Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LamboX5?feature=g-crec
Slender, SCP and FPS
lamboX5

Postby Cobalt50X » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:38 pm

No problem.
Cobalt50X

Postby Shinzu » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:06 am

i tried what you instructed all works fine until it says that i need to get direct x 9.0(october 2006) and i have the latest direct x.
plz rehelp on the issue =P
Shinzu

Postby SlenderSeeker » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:46 pm

I have this same exact problem and it's really frustrating. :c First of all, I run Windows 7 64-bit. My troubles with these maps since I downloaded them just have not ceased at all.

Okay, so first of all, when I downloaded all the maps, none of them would launch. I did the DirectX check and update, but I am already up to date and I have the proper .dll file both in System32 and SysWOW64. There should have been no issued with DirectX. I checked for a solution and discovered the solution above - run it in Windows 2000 compatibility, as an administrator. That fixed the non-launching issue for Hospice, Claustrophobia, and Elementary, but ONLY for those maps. :c

I then tried different compatibility modes for the four maps that would not work (Sanatorium, Mansion, 7th Street, and Prison). No matter which compatibility mode I try, these maps either load fully and then crash, or crash in the middle of loading. My only possible guess is that there's some file that got corrupted or went AWOL when the maps were updated, but I have no idea. I have tried running the maps in Windows 2000, Windows XP Service Pack 2, and Windows XP Service Pack 3. None of these work, and the same issue continues to happen - loading, loading, crash. I have not tried them with other compatibility modes yet.

This is very frustrating and I really want to play these maps, but I can't if they keep crashing. At this point the only solution I have is to just wait until the re-released Unity version of the maps come out and play those. SlenderSeeker is very sad. :c
"Fear the man, the Slender Man / For he can do what no man can."
SlenderSeeker

Return to Bug Reports - Old Maps